With simmering heat every season the need of the hour is an AC, but if that doesn’t fit your budget then don’t fret, we have a fix. You can easily go for the next best option – an air cooler. They might not provide give you the same winter like chilling effect an air conditioner but then they’re one-fourth the price of ACs and save money on your bill as they’re energy efficient as compared with high-power driven ACs. Yes, investing in an air cooler any day is a better idea here’s what you need to know when spending in a good air cooler.
How they work
Air coolers are a simple substitute to ACs in hot summer’s season typically comprising on box-like units that consists of a fan, a pump, and water soaked pads. To use air cooler, you have to fill it with water. As and when you switch the fan on, the hot air will be circulated back in the cooler and get back through the water cooling pads. By retouching the water-cooler pads it lowers the temperature of the air and the same is blown out into the room.
Types of Air Coolers
There are two stages of evaporating cooling namely direct and indirect. The direct evaporative type of cooler is one of the most commonly used ones which lowers the temperature of air by reducing the latent heat by changing water to vapor through evaporation.
While indirect evaporative cooling uses some of the heat exchangers. The humid cooled air does not come in touch with the atmosphere outside. The cooling process goes through two stages in the initial stage the air is pre-cooled by the heat exchanger. The pre-cooled air in the second stage through water soaked pads. Meanwhile precooled air goes through in the second stage; in this type of cooler the level of humidity is quite less.
Difference between desert coolers and room coolers
In sweltering hot season, desert coolers are always better for providing cooling. Nevertheless, desert cooler necessitates more power, more space, and more water. In a hot place, this type of cooler is favored. It’s ideal for small room spaces and less hot environment, room coolers should suffice.
Comparison of Air Coolers and Air Conditioners
- Generally, Air coolers use less energy than an AC. Coolers are energy-efficient.
- Air coolers need less maintenance cost than an AC. Similarly, it does not need to elaborate installation and hereafter this cost is almost insignificant except you have some special necessities.
- Air coolers have eco-friendly assistances with no damaging Chlorofluorocarbons (CFC) or gases releases and very low power consumption.
- Air conditioners are more operative in extreme temperatures and also in humid atmospheres.
- Air conditioners can switch temperature which an air cooler cannot do.
- Air coolers increase moisture which decreases evaporative purposes of human organs.
- Air coolers require a regular supply of water to wet the pads. In parts where water supply is not continual, this may not be a possible option.
Limitations of Air coolers
- These coolers don’t work as perfectly in humid climates. For average summers it works fine but not effective sweltering summer season.
- Evaporative cooling works best in d, y climates not in humid season. And, too much dampness in the outside air makes the system work ineffectually.
- It is not suitable for the health of people suffering from asthma and other breathing problems.
- It requires constant upkeep for competent operation.
- Evaporative coolers need constant supply of water for efficient working.
- With the right information and approach, there is no doubt you can end up buying the best cooler for home which can function hassle-free.